Your Amorcito jewelry is designed to last!
Regarding concerns about tarnished jewelry - there’s no need to worry. When silver is exposed to air over a long period of time, it may oxidize and turn a darker color. This is normal.
Some retailers offer a non-tarnishing jewelry product. However, the plating procedure used unfortunately lessens the quality of the jewelry.
If you observe tarnished jewelry, simply follow the following care and cleaning suggestions to return your jewelry to its original state of beauty.
These at-home care and cleaning suggestions will extend the life of your jewelry pieces.
- Store jewelry in a safe, dry place.
- Store each piece with adequate spacing - so they don’t touch (i.e., to avoid scratches).
- Avoid exposing your pieces to direct sunlight, extreme temperatures and temperature changes, salt water, chlorine, ammonia, etc.
- Minimize exposing your pieces to hairspray, perfumes, lotions, cosmetics, perspiration, etc.
- Remove your jewelry before physical activities that could cause damage during contact.
- Remove your jewelry before activities with chemical exposures (e.g., swimming).
- Start the cleaning process by soaking your jewelry in a solution of warm water and a mild non-detergent soap.
- Use a soft toothbrush (bristles labeled soft or extra-soft) on your pieces for gentle cleaning.
- Rinse your pieces with warm water at the same temperature as the wash solution (remember to securely close and cover drains/drain pipes).
- Dry your pieces with a lint-free cloth (cotton or microfiber).
- Avoid using facial tissues or paper towels (paper fibers can scratch the jewelry).
- Avoid ultrasonic cleaning machines.